Planned Parenthood interns have gone on to attend law and graduate schools, to work for candidates’ campaigns, and to various other issue advocacy groups across America. Join Pennsylvania’s Planned Parenthood team!
Planned Parenthood Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates (PPPA) is one of 21 state public affairs offices of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. PPPA staff coordinate political and issue education efforts with public affairs staff at Pennsylvania’s five Planned Parenthood affiliates who serve over 140,000 patients a year. Our goal is to ensure legislative, issue, and political advocacy efforts are integrated into a coordinated statewide strategy.
To be considered for an internship with Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to reproductive health and rights for all Pennsylvanians, and to Planned Parenthood’s mission
- Willingness to participate actively in all planned community or grassroots outreach, such as phone banking, door-to-door and crowd canvassing
- Outgoing team player, independent worker, who is well organized and who can self-motivate
- Desire to engage underrepresented populations and Planned Parenthood patients through community engagement and grassroots organizing tactics
- Commit to ten hours a week in an administrative office and health center
- Maintain a regular, but flexible, schedule with hours that suit both the intern and the office staff
- Must have access to a car
- Possess computer skills, including data entry
- Attention to detail
Internships may qualify for academic credit; applicants are responsible for ensuring completion of all necessary qualifying requirements, and documentation required by their college or university.
Internships Available for Spring 2014
2014 Public Affairs Internship & 2014 Social Media Internship
Are you looking to start your career in public affairs or nonprofit advocacy? Do you enjoy public outreach through social media venues? Planned Parenthood is looking for interns to fill both of our Public Affairs and Social Media Internship roles available in Fall 2014. For job descriptions, please click below: